Home
 Blogs
 Help
 Search
 Members
 Login
 Register

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rain

This morning I woke to rain and drove through rain in order to sit in Starbucks at Cornerstone and watch the rain. We need all of this, and more, but there's always the inevitable slew of accidents whenever weather activity spikes after a long period "without" weather.

We had several accidents on south I-85 this afternoon and I was sent out to see what I could see and report in from the road. On the way out, I instinctually grabbed a camera.

All I knew was that the accident(s) were somewhere between Perry Hill and Taylor Road. I decided to cruise up Atlanta Highway and take Bell Road. A gamble, to be sure, but I just figured from the vantage point over the freeway, with relatively little traffic (unlike the Taylor Road, Eastern Blvd, and Perry Hill bridges), I might be able to deduce where the accident was not. Instead, I landed on top of the accident site. It started nearly under the Bell Road overpass in the southbound lanes, and stretched out south from there. Officials were already almost done clearing the roadway by the time I got there. Traffic had been stopped quite a while. Backed up around the bend, I just stood on the bridge taking some photos of what was going on (or not going on, as it were).

So, if you happened to see an idiot on the Bell Road overpass taking pictures of crash remnants and miles of stopped traffic, that was me. I wasn't quite a mad rubbernecker, I was just covering from above what our pro photographers had covered on the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Our Partners:
Montgomery Advertiser Prattville Progress Gannett Gannett Foundation USAToday USAWeekend The Bulletin Board The Bayonet Maxwell Gunter Dispatch Maxwell Gunter Dispatch

Copyright © 1997- 2005 The Advertiser Co. Use of this site signifies your agreement toÊ the Terms of Service (Updated 12/18/2002)