Home
 Blogs
 Help
 Search
 Members
 Login
 Register

Friday, November 2, 2007

Whoa

Sometimes, when I make a call for a story, more interesting things happen on the phone than I'd expected. Today, I called Mrs. Julia Norris, who is a co-chair of publicity for the 41st Annual Pike Road Arts & Crafts Fair. All I needed was a little of the history of the fair, then to remind her that I'd be there tomorrow.
Among other things, she told me that when she moved to Vaughn and Bell roads, her direction to people was: "we're the tenth house from Rosemont gardens." Not only that, but when she moved there, Vaughn was gravel.
Mrs. Norris has been with the Pike Road Fair since the very beginning. Once this whole weekend is over, I'm tempted to bug her some more. She's been at east Montgomery's crossroads for sixty years... I'm dying to hear her stories.
As it is, I'll meet her tomorrow. She said she'd be in the kitchen. I have a feeling she'll be doing much more than that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Our Partners:
Montgomery Advertiser Prattville Progress Gannett Gannett Foundation USAToday USAWeekend The Bulletin Board The Bayonet Maxwell Gunter Dispatch Maxwell Gunter Dispatch

Copyright © 1997- 2005 The Advertiser Co. Use of this site signifies your agreement toÊ the Terms of Service (Updated 12/18/2002)